Grid Map is like a table in Excel, which is best for displaying when we have huge data. Designers will find two different modes Basic and Advanced. Grid Map will have different functions and allows to add filters to the objects.
To get started with Grid Map follow the below steps.
Click Maps from Valorx Fusion Ribbon, and Maps windows will open which will have Grid Map or Form Map.
Click New Grid Map and a window will open which will have Mode, Name, Start Location.
Basic Mode: Basic Mode will allow the Designers to add the basic filters to the map. This mode will have the object, Name, Start Location.
Object: Objects that Designers have selected in Data Modeling will be available for selection here. The Grid Map will be based on the chosen object.
Name: Designers can edit and provide the name of the Map.
Start Location: The worksheet drop down shows you all the worksheets in the current Excel workbook. Designers can also type a new sheet name here to create a new sheet that will host the Grid Map. Cell Location determines the location of the first column. For example in the below image the Worksheet will be Sheet1 and Cell location will be A2.
Display or Save Configurations: When a field is set to be displayed, it will display the retrieved data on the specified column. Save enables the value in the column to be saved back to your CRM. A field can be Display+Save, Display Only, or Save Only. When both checkboxes are unchecked, the field will not participate in the Grid Map. This will show the sheet location besides the name.
Reordering Fields: Designers can rearrange the sequence of the fields which can be changed as per the preference by drag and drop.
Inserting spacer column: Spacer column is a normal Excel column that is not mapped to any field. It can be useful for Excel formulas or spaces to work with in Runtime.
Shortcut to add Fields: Forgot to select a field you need? You don't need to go back to Data Modeling. You can add more fields from here.
Advanced Mode: Advanced mode when compared to Basic mode will have some extra add on features to add. Turning on the advanced mode will enable more functionalities and let you customize your Grid Map even more. Apart from the features in Basic mode we can find Grid Functions, Include Lookup Fields.
Grid Functions: Designers can add a save group in this function and also we can enable the option for Reorder multiple fields.
Add a Save Group: Save groups are saved in different batches. It's useful if you need certain fields to save later.
- Un map with one click.
- Field Options like Color Bar or Custom Boolean.
- Setting Default Values.
- Unhiding/hiding columns.
Display Options: On the lower left of the Grid Map window, you can find Display Options that let you fine tune how a Grid Map operates in Runtime. Display Options has five different options like General, Border and Cor, Pivot, Sort and Security. Designers can just hover the Display Options to see what are the selections made in these five options.
General: In this we will find the information like columns, width, height. General is the first option on Display Options. Select General and below window will open.
- AutoFit Columns - Autofit will be applied to the Grid Map's columns after data is displayed and Minimum Width makes sure the columns do not get too narrow.
- Autofit Rows - Wrap text and autofit row after data is displayed. Cannot be used together with Autofit Columns.
- Set Row Height - Fix the row height after data is displayed.
- Enable AutoFilter - Automatically apply Excel Filter to the Grid Map.
- View Gridlines - Display Excel gridlines.
- Excel Named Range Usage - Control how the mapped fields are named in Excel named range.
- Include Field Name in Comments - Insert Excel comments with the mapped field's name.
- Do not allow the insertion of records - Disable Insert Row in Toolbox during Runtime.
- Do not allow deletion of records - Disable Delete Row in Toolbox during Runtime.
- Allow adding dynamic columns (runtime mode) - Enable Customize Grids in Runtime.
Border and Color: Border, header's fill color, and header's font color are auto applied based on the setting here.
Pivot: Enabling this feature auto creates a Pivot and Chart in Runtime after the data is displayed.
Sort: Sort displayed data with the fields configured here.
Security: Worksheet Protection based on Field Metadata through which user can protect the worksheet at Map level, and user can also identify their access level. Designers can protect the worksheet by providing a password. Users can change or select the color for the Read Only or No Access to make it easy to identify the access level.
Save Options: Save Options provide a granular control over the save operation in Runtime. This option is available on the bottom of the Map. Click on Save Options and below window will open. Users can provide multiple save options with multiple filters.
Let us have a look at the options available in Save Options.
- Batch Size: Records will be sent to your CRM in batches. The number of records per batch is controlled here.
- Partial Commit: Enable partial records to be saved even if some of the records in the same batch failed.
- Concurrency Detection: This feature helps when more than one user is working on the same record and prevents overwriting the data by the first user and triggers a summary message to the second user stating that the record has failed and also displays other details. Users should enable the "Concurrency Detection" from Save Options.
- This feature will detect if more than 1 user try to modify the same data on same records. It will warn the subsequent user than the first user made a change to the record after subsequent user has retrieved the data. System would stop the subsequent user from overwriting the first users changes.
- Disable Fast Save: This will increase the speed of save by more than five times.
- Process blank values during save: Insert blank rows as records.
- Save Conditions: Conditions can be configured here to control what records get saved in Runtime. Records that do not match the condition will not be processed.